Custom Utility Data Management Services
For small and mid-size companies working in generation/transmission/distribution of energy from conventional or non-conventional sources, we offer a mature MDAS (Meter Data Acquisition System) and several sample functions to demonstrate GEOVAS' smart meter features in terms of data management, report generation, reading, billing, complaints tracking, etc.
The key features of our Services Architecture include:
- Smart Metering Interfaces Layers: These interfaces do metering based on how much is consumed and at what time of day, in order to prompt the customers to adjust their consumption habits and be more responsive to market indicators. These may also check other factors such as day of week, seasonality and economic cycles. This uses two layers - the Proprietary Energy API Services Layer and the Consumption Communication Layer.
- Proprietary Energy API Services Layer: Most smart meter vendors have their own proprietary API model to interface with their metering devices. Because energy metering architectures and data formats differ widely, large utilities may have to work with more than one proprietary interface environment. It is important to offer a reliable and open design standard that can access meters data across meter types and data centers.
- Consumption Communication Layer: As a result of the diverse proprietary environment metering interface systems sold in the open market, there is a need for a common consumption layer to interface with different metering and reporting systems and hence generate a uniform view of energy consumption parameters over large and heterogeneous energy distribution networks - while not constraining choice of meters or data centers.
- Management Interfaces: These interfaces control the business management functions such as billing, access to customer information systems and outage management systems through the Consumption Data Aggregation Layer (below).
- Consumption Data Aggregation Layer: This layer enables a common data collection repository that is designed to allow for frequent updates. This repository is the collection point for environmental data across data centers and ensure that there can be maintained a strict compliance with the utility-defined, government-mandated and other environmental agency required norms and regulations.
Custom Location Based Services (LBS)
With relevant GSM-NMR (Network Measurement Report) parameters made available, Geovas' Backend LBS server can provide the following services to mobile users and private/public agencies that need to work with mobile users:
- Mid and High Resolution location estimate reporting of mobile phones, tracking devices, etc.
- Location sensitive query or alert services for emergency services, public utilities, commercial advertising, etc.
- Bulk traffic movement and public movement data or patterns can also be provided for applications that need them.
- Citizen feedback/complaint services to government departments, city municipalities, etc. can be location-tagged.
- Distress call management services and integrated Command & Control Room services to Police, Fire etc. depts can be location-enabled.